Real Estate Industry Grants
The Real Estate Foundation earmarks a percentage of its yearly grants budget to help fund projects put forward by non-profit organizations in the real estate industry. This grant stream can fund work in all five program areas, but usually funds grants in the ‘Professional Excellence in Real Estate’ area.
REFBC grants can support registered non-profit organizations (including charitable organizations, municipalities, regional districts, First Nations, senior government departments, professional associations and other societies), as well as Community Contribution Companies (C3s).
Real Estate Industry Grant eligibility is limited to organizations working in the real estate sector in BC. These grants are open to projects led by:
- BC Real Estate Association
- Real Estate Council of BC
- Real Estate Institute of BC
- Regional real estate boards and associations in BC
Other organizations that may be eligible include:
- Appraisal Institute of Canada – BC
- Architectural Institute of BC
- Building Owners and Managers Association
- Canadian Home Builders Association – BC
- Condominium Home Owners Association of BC
- Greater Vancouver Home Builders Association
- National Association of Industrial and Office Properties
- Professional Association of Managing Agents
- Sauder School of Business Real Estate Division
- Strata Property Agents of BC
- Urban Development Institute
- Vancouver Regional Construction Association
This is not an exhaustive list.
If you’re unsure about eligibility, please contact Nick Davies, Grants Coordinator (firstname.lastname@example.org | 604.343.2626 | toll-free 1.866.912.6800 ext 106).
The grant application deadline for Real Estate Industry Grant submissions is December 2017.