What is it?
Professional excellence in real estate helps equip the real estate community with skills, professional development opportunities and knowledge about progressive real estate and land use practices. It builds professional and public awareness and advances the field towards trends, laws and standards that help foster thriving and resilient communities.
Real estate professionals and industry organizations can be important partners in establishing sustainable land use and real estate practices and policies. As trusted advisors to their clients, REALTORS® can play an important role in educating the public about real estate and land use laws and policies that build vibrant, sustainable communities and minimize the impact of real estate development on sensitive environments. Through their knowledge and experience, real estate professionals and industry organizations can also contribute to local and provincial policy reform.
In our work as a grantmaker, convener and collaborator, the Real Estate Foundation of BC supports work that:
- Builds real estate and land use knowledge that contributes to resilient, healthy communities and natural environments.
- Encourages collaboration between real estate industry organizations and other partners, and builds support for sustainable land use amongst real estate professionals, the public and policy makers.
- Assists real estate professionals in their role as advisors on real estate, land use and built environment trends, laws and standards that help foster a high quality of life.
Grant examples: Professional Excellence in Real Estate
- BC Real Estate Association: Transformative Education; Broker Research Project
- Canada Green Building Council: Accelerating BC's Retrofit Economy
- Real Estate Institute of BC: Modular Housing
- South Okanagan Real Estate Board: REALTOR® education on riparian environments
- Vancouver Island Real Estate Board: REALTOR® Energy Efficiency Program