Professional Excellence in Real Estate
What is it?
Under the Real Estate Services Act, we receive interest from people who buy real estate in BC. When real estate is purchased, the deposits are held in trust by real estate brokerages. The interest earned on these deposits is granted back to BC communities to support real estate education, research, law reform, and other land related activities intended for the public good.
The Foundation earmarks a percentage of its yearly grants budget to help fund projects put forward by the BC Real Estate Association, the Real Estate Council of BC, the Real Estate Institute of BC, the regional real estate boards and associations in BC, and any other non-profit organization working towards professional excellence in real estate.
Professional excellence in real estate helps equip the real estate community with better skills, professional development opportunities, and knowledge about real estate and land use practices. It helps build public awareness and advance the field towards emerging trends, laws and standards that help foster thriving and resilient neighourhoods.
Why is it important?
Real estate professionals act as trusted advisors to their clients. They have an opportunity to add value to their services by being knowledgeable about land use, and about real estate best practices and their impact on communities.
What is the Foundation’s interest?
Our goal is to demonstrate leadership in the real estate sector in a way that contributes to the public and professional good.
We support real estate industry organizations’ research, education, and law reform initiatives that:
- advance the professional competence of real estate practitioners;
- better connect the public with the latest trends, laws and standards; and
- support the sector’s efforts to build real estate and land use knowledge that contributes to resilient, healthy BC communities.
Our priorities are:
- Applied research that builds knowledge and supports informed decision-making in real estate. Our emphasis is on presenting insights and analysis intended to improve and build upon best practices.
- Creation of educational content and courses, and development of workshops, panel discussions, and forums intended to increase professional knowledge and skills in real estate and land use.
- Creation and delivery of education or services for the public on real estate and land use best practices.
- Information and insights into law reform and policy analysis relevant to real estate and land use.
- BC Real Estate Association: Transformative Education; Broker Research Project
- Real Estate Institute of BC: Modular Housing
- South Okanagan Real Estate Board: Similkameen Conservation Program