The Real Estate Foundation is part of the BC Water Funders group, which gathered informally for its first meeting of the year at the Watersheds 2014 forum in Duncan.
Last year was significant for the Real Estate Foundation of BC. Actually, every year is significant when we are able to support land use and real estate related initiatives that make a difference for BC communities. However, 2013 was the year that we...
- Marked 25 years of grantmaking
- Surpassed $65 million in total grants approved (1988-2013)
- Hosted our fourth Land Awards Gala, celebrating achievement in sustainable land use in British Columbia
- Made a submission to the Province regarding the Water Sustainability Act
- Built a new website with an online grant application form and an interactive projects map
- Participated in collaborative and strategic working groups with other funding organizations
- Supported a public opinion study on attitudes toward freshwater issues in BC
That's just some of what we accomplished!