One of our 2014 grants supported the planning and development of the CommUnity Innovation Lab, held in Kamloops.
Last year was another significant year for the Real Estate Foundation of BC. Some highlights:
- We surpassed $69 million in total grants approved (1988-2014)
- We hosted our fifth Land Awards Gala and welcomed a sold out crowd to celebrate achievement in sustainable land use in British Columbia.
- Made our largest grant to date - a $1 million investment in the Centre for Sustainable Food Systems at UBC Farm.
- Participated in collaborative and strategic working groups with other funding organizations
- Commissioned a public opinion study on attitudes toward local food in BC.
- Hosted a series of Regional Dialogues on Sustainable Food Systems.
That's just a glimpse of what we have accomplished!