We had tremendous response from nominees during the first year. The judges selected three finalists in each award category - non-profit, private, and public sector - and those nine initiatives, as well as our Land Champion, were honoured at the gala, where we showed short videos highlighting their accomplishments. You can watch all 10 videos on our YouTube channel.
All nominees are to be congratulated for their outstanding work to make BC communities more healthy, resilient places to live, work, and visit. The finalists were as follows.
- Non-Profit Sector
Winner: Wildsight for the Lake Windermere Project
- Atira Women's Resource Centre for the Maxxine Wright Centre Project
- SFU Community Trust for the UniverCity initiative
- Stewardship Centre for BC Society for Green Shores program
- Private Sector
Winner: Living Forest Communities for the Elkington Forest Project
- Dockside Green for the Dockside Green initiative
- Public Sector
Winner: Coastal First Nations-Great Bear Initiative and Nanwakolas Council for the Great Bear Rainforest Agreements 2000-2010
- BC Ministry of Agriculture and Lands for the BC Brownfield Renewal Strategy
- Columbia Shuswap Regional District for the Salmon Arm Landfill Phase I Closure, Phase II Expansion and Landfill Gas Upgrade