Every two years, the Real Estate Foundation of BC presents the Land Awards, which recognize bright ideas and energetic leaders in sustainable land use. The submission deadline for the 2016 Land Awards is midnight, May 30, 2016.
Land Awards are presented in three categories: public, private and non-profit sectors. In addition, the Foundation presents the Land Champion Award, which recognizes the work of an individual. Nominations are open to all projects based in BC that demonstrate innovation, collaboration and leadership in sustainable land use.
Previous years' winners include Cowichan Green Community’s The Station Housing Project, the UBC Farm, the Great Bear Rainforest Agreements 2000-2010, Lanefab’s Net Positive Housing Project and Land Champions Gary Runka, Mark Angelo and Carol Newell.
The Land Awards will be judged by a five-person selection committee including:
- Oliver Brandes, Co-director, POLIS Project on Ecological Governance, University of Victoria
- Julian Griggs, Principal, Dovetail Consulting
- Jillian Merrick, City Councillor, Prince George
- Shayne Ramsay, CEO, BC Housing
- Robyn Wark, Sustainable Communities Team Lead, BC Hydro
Land Champion nominations will be judged by the past three chairs of REFBC’s Board of Governors:
- Jack Hall
- Kelly Lerigny
- Scott Ullrich