All Real Estate Foundation grants support projects that are in the public interest.
Each year, the Foundation earmarks a percentage of its budget to fund research, education, and law reform projects led by real estate industry organizations.
Real Estate Industry Grants can fund work in all five of the Foundation’s interest areas, but usually fund projects related to “Professional Excellence in Real Estate.” These projects build capacity in the industry and empower real estate professionals with the knowledge, skills, and tools needed to serve the public.
Real estate professionals and industry organizations can be important partners in establishing sustainable land use and real estate practices and policies. As trusted advisors to their clients, REALTORS® and other industry professionals can play a role in educating the public about real estate and land use laws and policies that build vibrant, sustainable communities and minimize the impact of real estate development on sensitive environments. Through their knowledge and experience, real estate professionals and industry organizations can also contribute to local and provincial policy reform.
Real estate professionals and industry partners demonstrate leadership and innovation in contributing to sustainable land use and real estate practices, and improved quality of life for BC residents.
Real Estate Industry Grant eligibility is limited to organizations working in the real estate sector in BC. There are two categories of Real Estate Industry Grant applicants:
Category 1 includes organized real estate bodies:
- BC Real Estate Association
- Real Estate Council of BC
- Real Estate Institute of BC
- Local Real Estate Boards
- BC Real Estate Association: Transformative Education; Broker Research Project
- Real Estate Council of BC: Your Home, Your Decision: Consumer Education Campaign
- Real Estate Institute of BC: Modular Housing
- Real Estate Institute of BC: A review of policies on non-resident property ownership (commercial and industrial)
- Real Estate Board of Greater Vancouver: Professional Development Program: “Category B and C” course expansion
- South Okanagan Real Estate Board: REALTOR® education on riparian environments
- Vancouver Island Real Estate Board: REALTOR® Energy Efficiency Program
- Victoria Real Estate Board: Non-Profit Infrastructure Research & Renewal Strategy
Category 2 covers all non-profit organizations working in the real estate sector in BC, including (but not limited to):
- Affordable Housing Education Awareness and Development
- Appraisal Institute of Canada – BC
- Architectural Institute of BC
- BC Non-Profit Housing Association
- BC Society of Landscape Architects
- Building Owners and Managers Association
- Canada Green Building Council
- Canadian Home Builders Association – BC
- Condominium Home Owners Association of BC
- Greater Vancouver Home Builders Association
- Mortgage Brokers Association of BC
- National Association of Industrial and Office Properties
- Passive House Canada/Maison Passive Canada
- Professional Association of Managing Agents
- Sauder School of Business Real Estate Division
- Strata Property Agents of BC
- Urban Development Institute
- Urban Land Institute
- Vancouver Regional Construction Association
- Affordable Housing Education Awareness and Development (AHEAD) - Transit-Oriented Mixed Income Housing Viability Study
- BC Society of Landscape Architects - Invasive Species: Land Use & Real Estate Education
- Passive House Canada/Maison Passive Canada - Training & Outreach for First Nations & Northern Communities
- Canada Green Building Council - Accelerating BC's Retrofit Economy
For more information please contact:
To discuss your potential proposal or if you’re unsure about eligibility, please contact Noémi Pomerleau, Projects Coordinator (email@example.com | 604.688.6800) or Nick Davies, Grants Coordinator (firstname.lastname@example.org | 604.343.2626 | toll-free 1.866.912.6800 ext 106).